During a trip to Asia in the early 19th Century, a German merchant noticed that locals tenderized their meat by placing it under their saddles. The motion of riding their horses pounded the meat into pieces, which was then scooped up, seasoned, and eaten.
How To Make Money By Using This ONE Technique
Like An Elephant, You Should Never Forget
What’s interesting about this is that you probably had never pondered this question, but I bet you you’ll now never forget it.
The Bread and ButterAs a mural artist, I have the pleasure of hand painting kid’s bedrooms walls with their favourite characters or sports idols. It is a blissful job around my home county in the middle of the UK and I love every single new booking that I’m fortunate enough to be given.
In the early days of my online endeavours, I spent hours learning and researching into how to build an engaged fan base.Because everyone wants and needs one of those to be a success. I knew my business idea was solid, and I knew there was a desire for my talents, and I soon discovered the biggest challenge was standing out in a very crowded Facebook space and finding loyal fans. Research has proven that listening to or reading a story can put your whole brain at work, plus it is an extremely effective way to impart a feeling upon the reader. A professor from Princeton, Uri Hasson explains in an experiment “When the woman spoke English, the volunteers understood her story, and their brains synchronised. When she had activity in her insula, an emotional brain region, the listeners did too. When her frontal cortex lit up, so did theirs. By simply telling a story, the woman could plant ideas, thoughts and emotions into the listeners’ brains.”
Telling a story about your business online is an extremely effective way to
- Create an unbreakable bond with your readers;
- Describe a likeable emotion such as empathy, joy, excitement and allow the reader to experience it too;
- Become unforgettable (22x more memorable in fact);
- Create a yearning for more from readers;
- Add clarity and credibility to you & your business; and
- Inspire readers to take action, finish with a call-to-action (email me today, grab the last few items here, free P&P until Friday).
So what did my most engaging post to date look like?
How did I turn a relatively normal mural booking into an emotive and engaging story that reached over 18,000 people and flooded my inbox with bookings?Here’s how:
Four Ways You Can Tell Stories & Tap Into The Hearts Of Your Readers:
- Previous customer stories. Example – A woman buying a gift for their beloved sister who was getting married. Or a Mum buying a farewell gift to a child who was emigrating overseas. Share any strong emotive feedback you’ve been given.
- Your why. Example – perhaps you craft to deal with an illness or a divorce. Or, simply because you have a dream of a better life for your family. What motivates you? What inspires you?
- An opinion. Example – do you hold a faith or belief that is important to you which relates to your business or perhaps runs through it. Maybe you’re an active environmentalist and you source all your products from safe suppliers?
- Demystify a myth. Example – perhaps people believe something about crafters which you wish to lift the lid on and open up about. What’s a frustration you have about an assumption which is made about you or your craft?
Crafter, your success online lies in creating that loyal fan base. A loyal fan base full of engaged customers who will keep on coming back for more.Stories are a phenomenal tool in your armoury. It’s time to dust off the fairy tale books, get inspired and start setting yourself apart from your competitors. Start using this much-underutilised marketing gem!!! I hope you have gleaned something from this article and have learnt how to make money by telling your story.